The traditional pub Grauer Wolf (Grey Wolf) was founded in 1757 by Johann Michael Farian in the southern Stadtmauerstr. 4. The name probably goes back to the former landlord Georg Wolf.
In 1829 the Grauer Wolf exchanged places with the beer tavern “Zum goldenen Fäßlein”, which had been located at Hauptstraße 80 since the middle of the 18th century.
The Grauer Wolf served as a regular pub for the farmers of the nearby Schweinemarkt on the Altstädter Kirchplatz.
In 1989 the house was extensively renovated and the restaurant opened under a new name, Kaleidoskop, with upmarket cuisine.
(Source: Erlangen city encyclopaedia)
2003 The house at Kirchenstraße 3 is acquired and 14 rooms are added to the Grauer Wolf.
Extension of the hotel in 2011 by adding an extension to the courtyard. Ten modern rooms, a breakfast room and a terrace have been created.